Easy Savings… free of tax with special interest rates
24 or 36 months fixed deposits that allow you to save money conveniently every month at a high interest rate with no tax.
Features and Benefits
- Simply make equal monthly deposits for 24 or 36 consecutive months to receive the tax exemption privilege.
- You can make the deposit by yourself over the counter at any of our branches or apply for our auto-transfer service to deduct funds from savings or current accounts without any fee.
- The special interest rate is fixed throughout the deposit period and will be paid on maturity date.
Account Opening Conditions
- For individual customers only. One account allowed per customer.
- For individual customers having a tax identification issued by the Revenue Department only. One account allowed per customer.
- The account name must be the same with the individual tax payer with income from interest receipt.
- Minimum initial deposit is 1,000 Baht and the maximum is 25,000 Baht.
- Deposit period and deposit amount of each month are as per the table below:
(No. of Months)
Deposit amount shall be in multiples of Baht 500 only such as Baht 1,500, 3,000, or 10,500
- Equal monthly deposits, in the same amount as the initial deposit, are required until the deposit term is completed. However, the total deposit amount over the period shall not exceed 600,000 Baht/account.
- Customer can make a deposit by him/herself at any ICBC branch (cash or fund transfer within ICBC (Thai) accounts only; cheques are not acceptable) or apply for the auto-transfer service to transfer funds monthly from savings or current account, under the same account name of Tax Free fixed deposit account (customer can choose the desirable date where the latest is on the 28th of every month but once the date has been set, it cannot be changed).
- Up to 2 missed monthly deposits are allowed, of which deposits can still be made for the absent 2 months. The maturity date will then be extended accordingly while the special interest rate with tax exemption will still apply.
- For 3 or more missed deposits, the regular savings interest rate per the Bank’s announcement at the time of the account opening according to the actual deposit period, less withholding tax 15 percent, will be applied.
- If funds are withdrawn before the maturity date, the account will be closed. The applicable interest rates shall be as follows:
- Deposit period less than 3 months from the date of account opening, there will be no interest paid.
- Deposit period from three months onwards, regular savings interest rates will be applied according to the actual deposit period, less the withholding tax.
- Deposit period from three months onwards, regular savings interest rates per the Bank’s announcement at the time of account opening will be applied according to the actual deposit period, less the withholding tax.
- On the maturity date, the Bank shall transfer the principal and interest to the savings account or current account with the same account name as Tax Free Fixed deposit and the Tax Free Fixed deposit account will be closed.
- The maturity date shall be calculated from date-to-date, starting from the date of account opening to the end of the 24 or 36 months period.
- Partial withdrawals are not allowed. Account shall be closed at the branch where it was opened only.
Call ICBC (Thai) Call Center at 0 2629 5588 or visit any of our branches nationwide for more information from our experienced specialists.
- Information herein is for reference only. The Bank reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend the terms and conditions.
- Please refer to announcements, regulations and fee rates posted on the website or at our branches for further details.
- In case of any disagreement/dispute, the Bank's decision is final..
- The deposit and accrued interest are under the protection of the laws regarding the Deposit Protection Agency as per the amount and conditions stipulated therein.
- A tax exemption privilege shall be in accordance with the regulations of the Revenue Department.
Tax Free Deposit Sales Sheet