Savings account eligible for persons holding valid National Welfare Cards or Thai nationals ages 65 and above.
Features and Benefits
- The Bank reserves the right to propose a debit card issued by UnionPay - TPN only.
• Interest calculated daily and paid twice a year in June and December.
• No minimum initial deposit amount.
• No account maintenance fee (throughout the period of Basic Banking Account status).
• In case of applying a debit card to use with Basic Banking Account.
- Privilege for exemption of enrolment fee, annual fee and replacement fee for expiry card (1 card per account).
- The replacement fee for damaged, lost, forgot PIN or stuck in A.T.M. card arising from the Account owner’s mistake, the Bank shall charge for a fee as a type of debit card (the fee rates shall be in accordance with the Bank’s announcement).
• Tax exemption for personal customers receiving interest less than or equal to THB 20,000 per year.
Account Opening Conditions
• For individual customers only. One account per one customer.
• “For”, “By” account, group of person account and all joint accounts (“And”, “Or”) are not applicable to this product.
The Bank reserves the right to convert Basic Banking Account to normal savings account with 30 days notification in advance when one of the conditions is met.
• Average monthly balance over Baht 50,000.
• Total cash inflow or cash outflow over Baht 50,000 in each month.
• No account movement more than 24 consecutive months.
• Account owner is no longer eligible to open Basic Banking Account.
Please call ICBC (Thai) Call Center at 0 2629 5588 or visit any of our branches nationwide for more information from our experienced specialists.
Please kindly submit the following documents:
- a copy of ID card, or
• An original ID card
• In case information in ID card is not able to be verified, kindly further submit the documents as follows;
- an original valid driver license showing photo and ID number, or
- an original of any identity card issued by government agency showing photo and ID number, e.g.
a government or state enterprise officer card, and
- a copy of house registration
• Information herein is for reference only. The Bank reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend the terms and conditions.
• Please refer to announcements, regulations and fee rates posted on the website or at our branches for further details.
• In case of any disagreement/dispute, the Bank’s decision is final.
• The deposit and accrued interest are under the protection of the laws regarding the Deposit Protection Agency as per the amount and conditions stipulated therein.
• A tax exemption privilege shall be in accordance with the regulations of the Revenue Department.