Convenient and worry-free CNY fund management
Feel at ease even when the currency fluctuates with CNY Deposit for savings accounts and fixed deposit accounts, available for those from overseas or domestic sources of funds (with and without underlying obligations).
Features and Benefits
• Minimize the risk of CNY currency fluctuation
• Enhance efficiency in managing your CNY funds
• Maximize return from our competitive interest rate
• We offer a convenient way to make payment in CNY to your Chinese counterparties approved by the People’s Bank of China.
• No minimum initial deposit amount required
• No monthly account maintenance fee
• No minimum initial deposit amount required, except for accounts that have domestic source of funds without underlying obligations which the minimum initial deposit amount required is CNY 50,000.
• No monthly account maintenance fee, except for accounts that have domestic source of funds without underlying obligations, such accounts with average monthly average balances of less than CNY 50,000, an account maintenance fee will be applicable.
Fixed Deposit Account
• Deposit periods of 1, 3, 6, 9 and 12 months are available with interest paid at the maturity date.
• For any withdrawal prior to the maturity date, the minimum interest rate for a savings account as announced by the Bank on the deposit date, will be calculated.
• Minimum initial deposit amount required is CNY 10,000
• No minimum subsequent deposit amount required
• No minimum initial deposit amount required, no subsequent deposit requirement，except for accounts that have domestic source of funds without underlying obligations, the minimum initial deposit amount required is CNY 50,000 and minimum subsequent deposit amount required is CNY 50,000.
Visit any of our branches nationwide or contact ICBC (Thai) Call Center for more information from our experienced specialists.Submit the following documents for each application:
• ID Card for Thai residents
• Passport, Work Permit (if any), Visa 3 months and over (if any) for non-residents
• Copy of affidavit, issued within 6 months
• Copy of memorandum of association and articles of association (if any)
• Minutes of the board of directors’ meeting
• Copy of shareholders’ list
• Copies of ID card/passport of the authorized directors
• Power of attorney in case the payer is not an authorized director
• Copy of Tax ID card (if any)
• For non-resident corporate customers, charter documents shall be issued or certified by a credible agency or organization.
Any Thai resident depositor wishing to open a deposit account that has domestic source of funds with underlying obligations, is required to submit documents representing the underlying obligations to pay in foreign currencies.
• Deposit account with underlying obligations means a deposit account with an obligation to pay debt in a foreign currency to overseas individual persons, authorized juristic persons or other commercial banks in Thailand. Such obligations include obligations of the depositor and its affiliated businesses.
• In the case the depositor is a Thai resident and the deposit is from a source of funds in Thailand, the maximum outstanding balance for all foreign currencies and all deposit accounts held by each depositor at the end of each day shall comply with the rules and regulations of the Bank of Thailand.
• The conditions for deposits/withdrawals and the documents required shall comply with the rules and regulations of the Bank of Thailand.
• Interest rates, terms and conditions, deposit/withdrawal methods, account fees and charges,commissions in lieu of exchange (CILE), inward and outward remittance charges for all currencies shall be in accordance with the Bank’ s announcements.
• Please refer to announcements, regulations and fee rates posted on the website or at our branches for further details.
• Information herein is for reference only. The Bank reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend the terms and conditions.
• The deposit and accrued interest in the foreign currency deposit accounts are not applicable under the Deposit Protection Agency Act.